Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have received a speed ticket on a 70mph motorway, i was

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have received a speed ticket on a 70mph motorway, i was driving 85mph, i plead guilty, but on the paper i mentioned that im a students, then i got a letter saying that i have to attend for court hearing, considering i wrote im a student, is their a way not to attend and just pay a fine
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: it was on the A3 motorway
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes the paper mentioned that
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

When is the hearing date?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Anthony, it’s on the 29th of November.

Arguably you can simply not show up to the hearing. However i will not recommend this route because you lose out on your opportunity to persuade the court to hand down a lighter sentence.

Therefore i suggest you instruct a local solicitor that will draft witness statement on your behalf which details the hardship both you and people who rely on you will suffer for the punishment they intend to hand down. Further the solicitor in question can also represent you in court to persuade the court to hand down a lighter sentence (reduced/ no points and fine).

Do you understand what i have stated? if not please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes I clearly understand, but do I have to be in court with the solicitor and he speaks on my behalf, or could I just let the solicitor go on my behalf and that’s it?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What do you suggest

I suggest it's best to be there with the solicitor given the matter will have an important impact on your future on the road.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
One more question, do I really need a solicitor with me? And why

You can represent yourself at the hearing however a solicitor involvement may assist in putting your points across to the court in a more persuasive manner.

And possibly explaining the law a lot better to hopefully achieve the best possible outcome at the hearing

If I have answered your query please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided in future

However if you have further questions regarding the answer given please let me know and once rated I will answer at no further costs

Hello I note you have reviewed the answer in view of this please before you leave Just Answer today please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided in future. Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.Thanks
Anthony Chendo,
Experience: Solicitor at BLM