How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 16611
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had a private parking company give me a ticket as my card

This answer was rated:

I had a private parking company give me a ticket as my card was not displayed correctly. It was only £30 if I paid within 24hrs and doubles up longer i wait. I challenged it but they took 7 days to get back to me. They rejected the claim but then requested I pay £90. I challenged it again but no response i was then transferred to a debt collection agency. I challenged them no response for 30 days. Bounced ro another and another. Eventually got through to an agency and my hill was around £300+ they said if I pay in full I will not get a CCJ. So at this point I gave up and paid. I didn't receive a confirmation of payment and dont have a record of the conversation either. Can anything be done or leave it for 7 years. This has stopped me from getting a mortgage bank card and form contracts etc please advise

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did you pay before or after the CCJ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Paid before CCJ

ok. Did you file a defence saying you had paid?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It shows paid on my credit report but it's still on file do I need to to that?

Did you pay the fine before you had the court issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont recall all I remember i paid a debt Collection agency and they said if I pay you want get a CCJ

Ok - so have you got a CCJ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
most definitely but shows paid

Ok. So why didnt you file a defence saying you had paid it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Didn't realise until very late and to completely honest didn't know I could. Could you advise
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I paid more than shown on file

Ok, so you do have a CCJ.

Did you pay before it was issued?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
was paid before hand but looks like it was still filed

Ok - then you need to get a letter from the Claimant to confirm this.

Once you have that you can get a certificate of CANCELLATION from the Court.

Send this to:


Then it will be removed all together.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just confirm get inwriting from whichever company took the money and get the? to confirm what they said?


Then it will be removed

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you very much