Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had a private parking company give me a ticket as my card

I had a private parking company give me a ticket as my card was not displayed correctly. It was only £30 if I paid within 24hrs and doubles up longer i wait. I challenged it but they took 7 days to get back to me. They rejected the claim but then requested I pay £90. I challenged it again but no response i was then transferred to a debt collection agency. I challenged them no response for 30 days. Bounced ro another and another. Eventually got through to an agency and my hill was around £300+ they said if I pay in full I will not get a CCJ. So at this point I gave up and paid. I didn't receive a confirmation of payment and dont have a record of the conversation either. Can anything be done or leave it for 7 years. This has stopped me from getting a mortgage bank card and form contracts etc please advise

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did you pay before or after the CCJ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Paid before CCJ

ok. Did you file a defence saying you had paid?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It shows paid on my credit report but it's still on file do I need to to that?

Did you pay the fine before you had the court issue.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I dont recall all I remember i paid a debt Collection agency and they said if I pay you want get a CCJ

Ok - so have you got a CCJ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes most definitely but shows paid

Ok. So why didnt you file a defence saying you had paid it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Didn't realise until very late and to completely honest didn't know I could. Could you advise
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also I paid more than shown on file

Ok, so you do have a CCJ.

Did you pay before it was issued?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes was paid before hand but looks like it was still filed

Ok - then you need to get a letter from the Claimant to confirm this.

Once you have that you can get a certificate of CANCELLATION from the Court.

Send this to:

Experian
Equifax

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n443-application-for-a-certificate-of-satisfaction-or-cancellation

Then it will be removed all together.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So just confirm get inwriting from whichever company took the money and get the? to confirm what they said?

Correct.

Then it will be removed

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes thank you very much

Pleasure