F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have been served with a maintenance notice to remove all

Customer Question

I have been served with a maintenance notice to remove all items on a field I own - items include old farming equipment which I am happy to remove but other items include my caravan (used for holidays) and a couple of my cars of which I have no other place to keep them. Can you help?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No I haven't yet. The field which I own is not in great condition but I imagine that once all the equipment has been removed it will look a lot better. My issue is what can I do about parking my caravan and cars?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i've been served a maintenance notice from the local planning authority by email to remove all items on my field because the visual amenity of the area is adversely affected because of the condition of the land. I am happy to remove the old equipment but I have nowhere else to park my cars and my caravan. Can I challenge this notice in relation to the vehicles?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
just need a response asap - many thanks
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 days ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

you say used for holidays - is this by you or others?

are you willing to make efforts to tidy it all up?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
yes happy to clear away the equipment but need to keep the caravan there (used for holidays) and park my cars there which are used daily
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 days ago.

Is this a section 215 notice?

Is the caravan currently usable?

How many cars?

Do they all have tax and MOT and insurance?