Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I’ve received a letter with intent to proscecute 69mph on a

Customer Question

I’ve received a letter with intent to proscecute 69mph on a motorway. It included a picture of signs saying in was a 60 and there were roadworks. It was a clear night. I didn’t see the signs and there were no roadworks after I got on the motorway.
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: I’m in England. Northamptonshire and no
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: not normally but don’t want a fine or points
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m in the bath at the minute. Multitasking. Would rather a typed response
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

No problem. So what is your question?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Remember to rate your expert here after you get an answer and finish talking.
Jo C.Online now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

So what would you like to know ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What can I do? I don’t believe there were the signs they are saying there were. It would have been so obvious
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

You refuse the conditional fixed penalty offers and invite them to summoned you. If they do some and you then you defend on the basis that the signs were inadequate.

The risk of doing that though is that the costs order would be greater if you are convicted as would probably happen if we are honest. The signs do not have to be perfect. They just have to be adequate. It is quite possible that they are wrong and there were no signs an if that is right then you might well be acquitted but you need to be aware of the risk of conviction.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No that’s fine
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank uou
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/