Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Please could you advise me. I have been charged £170 in a

Customer Question

Hi, please could you advise me. I have been charged £170 in a parking fine. I have disputed this twice and received a letter this morning threatening Supreme Court. I have been charged this for driving into a carpark and driving out without finding a space and didn’t actually park my car. 1 was 15 mins so they are saying I should have bought a ticket. Please advise me. I think this is an outrage.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Fistral beach newquay
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: they are saying they will take me to court if I don’t pay £170 by the 11th Dec
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel this a charge is completely unfair and I totally refuse to pay!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Its unlikely it would be Supreme Court as only significant appeals of public importance are heard there.

Probably the County Court.

What is it you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I have cause to refuse to pay? Would I win if it went to court
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Yes you can refuse to pay.

You should also appeal to POPLA if they are a member:

https://popla.co.uk/

But if you went to Court then I think you have a decent case.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

.