Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a PCN on 2/10/19 and appealed via email

Customer Question

I received a PCN on 2/10/19 and appealed via email (providing crime reference number) and received a rejection. I was told that a notice would be sent to the owner of the vehicle (thats me...) but have not heard anything since, however, I did request that correspondence continue via email as my post goes missing.What are my next steps? If they choose not to communicate via email and I don’t receive the letter in the post am I liable? Would I have grounds to say they breached GDPR when they were informed postal communication are not secure?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Who is the issuer?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Does it matter who the issuer is?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Yes, or I wouldn't have asked.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Since PCN can only be issued by the local authority (council) is was the local authority. Actually it was the London borough of Hackney.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Actually a PCN can be issued by many bodies.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

I think this question has been answered on other posts. There is no other answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
And what answer is that?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

You have left a negative rating so I can't help further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I gathered just that - that you couldn't have helped me in any way
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 days ago.

..