Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can I reduce my alleged offence as I sold my car and the

Customer Question

Hello . Can I reduce my alleged offence as I sold my car and the same day sameone was driving it. The person filled out the log book campany name but the address shows only the post code and Dartford . Unfortunatly I did not think it was nessesery to make a photo of his id .I have already received the aknowlidgement I am not the owner of the car but it was printed days later. I do have a picture of the slio I have sent into Dvla and it has the date on it and both of us signed. Is it possible to reduce the 6 points and 1000 pound ( sect. 172 ).
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Not yet I have to send back the form to provide full name and address.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Did you send back the info you had to Court?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have received the original forms back, must be completed and sent back in 7 days. I filled out first i made a mistake and writed the name to the name section but the person who bought the car filled the name into the campany section . He sad he has a small dealership business.I did not think it is a problem.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have sent the photo of the log book slip we both signed and dated.and a picture of my phone showes a call from him at 19:42 when he arrived to my house .
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He bought the car and left at 20:00 and was speeding with it at 21:25 .on
M25 clockwise carriageway.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

Ok, So what is it you want to ask me?