Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am being asked to pay a parking charge fine when I have

I am being asked to pay a parking charge fine when I have already informed the company that I have proof thar I paid the correct fee at the time I also sent to them a photo copy of the ticket from the machine at the time showing the date , my registration and the times showing that I still had 1hr left on the ticket and informed them I would appeal if the persisted which I have not received anything form them letters from a debt collection company.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Wakefield West Yorkshire.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I don’t know they are just asking for payment ,but on the back of the letter it says this case is not subject to high court and bailing them action
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are they legally able to take this action when I have proof that I paid the amount due

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Solutionlabs ltd t/aRegent Parking

This is a private land fine. There is a good of nonsense on the internet about private land fines. The truth is that they always did have a perfectly valid claim in breach of contract against those who do not pay or park at variance with their terms and conditions. The issue was that it was not very cost effective for them to sue. It still is not.

They used to sue almost nobody but they are becoming more aggressive now largely because they have lost control of the industry and can only regain it by suing those who don't pay. The chances that they will sue remain very low though so the risk is not great.

If they do sue, you can plead your case and may well win. If you don't win then you will only be liable for the sum of the fine plus about £25 in court costs and £55 in fixed solicitors costs. If you pay it off within 28 days of judgment then it will not show on your credit file.

You do have the option of putting them to proof on the adequacy of signs though. That may well succeed.

Alternatively, you can offer them £10 in full and final settlement. If they cash it then there is a pretty overwhelming argument that settles the claim.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
So they would have to inform me if they intend to take me to court.

That is right.