Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I parked my car in a council car park in Gloucester, i own a

Hi,i parked my car in a council car park in Gloucester, i own a range rover which is 6ft 6ins wide upon entering the car park i noticed the parking bays to be very narrow,which meant i had to park with my car over the white dividing line.On return to my car i had been given a ticket to say i had not parked within the line boundries,i measured the actual parking area and it was 8ft 6 ins wide leaving me just a foot either side for my partner and myself to exit my car which is impossible,consequently i recd numerous parking fines which i refused to reply to on principle.none of the fines were sent by recorded delivery,and today now a notification of enforcement agent called at my house and left a letter stating that they will take goods to the value of the fine which at the moment stands at £393.00,surely i have the right to appear in a court and appeal against this as it has a disclaimer on the car park entrance stating that they accept no responsibility for damage or theft to cars left on their premises,also no facility for me to purchase 2 tickets so i could use 2 spaces. I did not want my car being damaged by another vehicle squeezing in alongside my car and i am annoyed that i have no right to state my case and i am expected to pay up,is there any way i can fight this
yours faithfully Robert Hawkins

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do i have to pay this fine or can i fight it out in a court room

Thank you. If you did not park within the boundary is then they are entitled to issue a fine.Thank you.

If you did not park within the boundary is then they are entitled to issue a fine. There is no sense in saying that the boundary areas were too small because then the right thing to do sadly would have been not part there There is no sense in saying that the boundary areas were too small because then the right thing to do sadly would have been not part. In any events.

In any events,, this has been before the adjudicator and there has been finding against you otherwise enforcement agents could not be involved. If so then the merits of the original claim fallaway. and there has been finding against you otherwise enforcement agents could not be involved. If so then the merits of the original claim fall away.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/