John LLB
John LLB, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

We have recently been receiving a lot of parking fines from

Hi there we have recently been receiving a lot of parking fines from a
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: contractual parking company
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have paid two already we are only there for 50 secs do they have the rite to send out a fine

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I am a qualified solicitor happy to assist you today.

Please note this is not a chat service, so there may be delays in responding.

I am just reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly which will be later on today

Hello, I just need to ask a few questions to determine the legal position.

1. How many is “a lot”
  2. Where did the offence occur?
  3. What date did the offences occur?
  4. What is the name of the parking company?
  5. Please explain what happened, as in, was it a pay and display machine and you didn’t pay etc?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Name Of company is G24 LTD Bucks
We have currently Paid two so far of £60 each
There is no pay and display machine Just a private car park that has been Given to G24 To claim fines
They sent a pic of the car Stating The time of 14.09 then 14.10 Asking for £100 Discount to £60 if paid Quickly
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sports Direct Fitness
clarendon way colchester c01 1xf

Ok they are a private company and have no right to charge you what they are charging. This is because the amount they are charging is excessive, not reasonably and not enforceable in court. They are only entitled to charge you what you would have paid to park in their premises e.g. £2 for 2 hours. It is a tactic to provide “discounts” as a discount is still a profit for them and a faster way for them to get money.

The situation is they can take you to court, but only for the contractual terms which they are entitled to, which is whatever charges they charge for being in the car park. Due to this amount being nominal, it is unlikely they will take you to court as it is not cost effective for them to do so. The issue fee alone outweighs the cost of parking. They will not take you to court over the fines as they are not entitled to it, it is like your neighbour charging you £100 for parking in his driveway. I would not pay them anymore money and appeal their ludicrous charges.

G24 limited are members of the BPA so you should appeal to POPLA and not pay them anymore until the outcome of your appeal. At that stage, depending if you lose, which hopefully you won't, please return to the site for further advice on what to do.

I hope I have helped. Kindly leave a rating, kind regards, John