Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Assistant: How can I help? I had a collision with another

Customer Question

Good morning.
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I had a collision with another car this morning. The car I was driving had no insurance tax or mot. The driver was using a company car, they are going to go through their insurance. I understand that I have committed a crime by driving with the above, I also drive away before returning back to speak with the driver. I was thinking it may be a good idea for me to hand myself into the police station, but would like some advice doing so
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: It was in aylesbury buckinghamshire
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: And no I don't have an attorney I may need to
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm unsure because it only happened this morning, I'm not sure if police have been contacted by the third party
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After the incident this morning, driving with no car insurance tax and m.o.t, I was thinking that i should hand myself into the police as I have committed a crime. Also knowing that the third party will pass on my information onto police, so it's only a matter of time. I just wanted to clarify if me going to the police is something I should do or wait until they come to me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I hand myself into the police or wait for the third parties insurance company to contact them?

Has it been reported to the Police?
You realise you will have to pay the cost of repairs?