Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

After a hike my partner could not wake me at 3am sent for

Customer Question

after a long hike my partner could not wake me at 3am sent for ambulance i woke up in hospital went home later in day but doctor advising me to refrain from driving . this was in september my health has been perfect ever since but doctor is to inform dvla with view to get me a 12 month driving ban . can you please advise please
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no not been advised to not done any traffic mistake not been drinking .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that am aware of
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just want to know if dvla can cancel my licence on word of doctor.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, they can and they will.

He is saying there are medical grounds to revoke and the DVLA are risk adverse generally.

You can appeal their decision but not until the DVLA assert positively that they have revoked.

But you shouldn't drive if you doctor tells you not to.