Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have just discovered I have a CCJ on my credit file, it's

Hi. I have just discovered I have a CCJ on my credit file, it's for a parking fine which was issued in June 2019, I was unaware of it as it was sent to my previous address. I split with my partner in Feb19 so have been in a temporary address up until last month, foolishly I didn't update the DVLA log book for my car with my new address which is obviously why the fine correspondence was sent to the wrong address. I'm aware of a "set aside" procedure for which I have to pay, I've also been told not to pay the fine before attempting the "set aside". I really don't want the CCJ on my credit file for six years so looking at the best way around this. Thanks and regards. ***** *****ds
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: The ticket was issued on June 2nd 2019, in a public car park in Lancing, Sussex. I was totally unaware of it until I did a random check of my credit score this morning.,
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: The CCJ was issued on Dec 9th 2019
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so, thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have just discovered I have a CCJ on my credit file, it's for a parking fine which was issued in June 2019, I was unaware of it as it was sent to my previous address. I split with my partner in Feb19 so have been in a temporary address up until last month, foolishly I didn't update theDVLA log book for my car with my new address which is obviously why the fine correspondence was sent to the wrong address. I'm aware of a "set aside" procedure for which I have to pay, I've also been told not to pay the fine before attempting the "set aside". I really don't want the CCJ on my credit file for six years so looking at the best way around this. Thanks and regards. ***** *****ds
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The CCJ was issued on Dec 9th, at the CCBC in Northampton.

Ah ok. You need to apply to set it aside then.

You need to complete form N244:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n244-application-notice

The Court will set it down for a hearing and the Court will decide whether to set aside.

But you need to complete form N244 and have it set aside.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** heard about the N244 form. Not sure if you have past experience of the outcome of the set asides and appreciate you can't say for sure....as I'm at fault by not updating DVLA records, which meant I received none of the letters about this and was unaware of the fine or court action, are my chances fairly slim of getting the set aside.

I dont know, you need to have a defence to the claim. Being unaware is not enough

But I think you have a shot.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for your time

Pleasure