Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I found out today that I had not notified the DVLA about my

Hi, I found out today that I had not notified the DVLA about my new address and that I have been disqualified from driving for not responding to their mails to the hold address. Can I appeal this?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: this is in the UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I have not spoken to the court yet, will do that in the morning, found out at 6pm tonight when trying to arrange a hire car
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a fee involved at all?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: OK

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

When was the conviction?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
disqualification was 17 sept 2019 for 6 months but obviously I have been driving since as I only found out today

Thanks. I am just on the train. Can I give you a call in about 30 min?
​Will show as withheld?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for the call, one more question, when the process resets after the stat declaration, is there a chance that I then have to serve a 6 month ban rather than see out the current ban ie back driving in March? I am sure the answer to that is a yes!

Yes it is possible.
At least as it stands you end up with a clean licence

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Pleasure