Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was caught driving whilst disqualified in the UK. I am a

I was caught driving whilst disqualified in the UK. I am a student studying my masters . However at the time i wasnt caught driving but I did admit to driving whilst disqualified and without insurance. Will I receive a prison sentence?

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

When were you disqualified and how far into the ban were you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was disqualified on the 4th of august 2019 and this was meant to end on the 4th may 2020. I was 5 and half months into it . The offence occurred on the 15th january 2020

Ok. You will be disqualified again for a longer period of time. You will also get a Community order, which is probation.

It’s unlikely you will go to prison if you plead guilty on a first offence which your had done half.

But if you get caught again, you are likely to go to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What does the probation entail? What does that mean

For example unpaid work.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes

Pleasure