Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I just received my full license before six months ago,

Customer Question

I just received my full license before six months ago
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: yesterday I have been stopped by undercover police because my speed was 75m/h and the speed limit in that public road is 40m/h
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: they asked me to wait for two weeks then I will receive letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do you think it will happen to me since I’m new driver and this is the first time I have been caught due to driving violations
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was doing delivery work without delivery insurance because I have only ordinary insurance
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have my full driving license since 6 months ago and unfortunately yesterday I have been stopped by the undercover police while I was doing delivery work having only ordinary insurance not cover delivery because my speed was 75 m/h and the speed limit on that public road was 40 m/h .
This was my first time I have traffic violation and also I have never got any awareness course before.
The police man was mainly upset about my speed more than doing delivery without having delivery insurance then they have wrote all my licenses information then they asked me to wait for two weeks until I receive letter to tell me what will happen to me.
But I’m really worried what is going to happen to me?
are they going to ask me to attend awareness course or to pay fine or to get some points on my license or to go to court?
Can you please send me your opinion on this case
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you please answer my above question from your experience?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

You wont get speed awareness course as you are almost double the limit.

If you were 10mph or under you will be ok.

You will be taken to Court.

As such you will get between 3-6 points and a fine.
So you wont get the speed awareness, you are far too fast.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m sorry but I’m little confused because you said I will be taken to the court or I will get 3-6 points and fine without taken to the court
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

No. They will go to Court.

You cant take the speed awareness.

You are unlikely to be given the fixed penalty of 3 points for this speed.

Its just way too fast.

I am sorry

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If I will go to the court then what is going to happen to me please?
Considering that I was driving fast because I want to get back home because my son had asthma attack that day
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

3-6 points and a fine.

You have mitigation, not a defence.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m sorry again
You mean that I will receive the letter after two weeks telling me to get 3-6 points and to pay the fine then if I accept it I will have to pay the fine and get the points on my license or otherwise I will appeal in the court
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Ok - you will get notice of prosecution.

Then you complete it.

It then goes to the police who decide whether to give you fixed penalty or Court.

But given the speed it would probably go to Court

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m sorry again for my last question
If I will go to the court can I explain to them that the reason I was driving fast because my son he is asthmatic and that moment I have found out that my wife she forgot his medicine and the inhaler with me in the car then I was worried if he will get asthma attack before I reach home
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Yes.

Does that assist?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.