John LLB
John LLB, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I ve re river a notice which provide a proposed driving

Hi i ve re river a notice which provide a proposed driving disqualification and i need to replay to the court til 03/06/2020 how can i explain to the court that it was a mistake and didn’t have money that time for paying the insurance on my car and the officer police check my car and saw it was uninsured
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: the notice said i need to replay how the disqualification driving will affect me til 03/06/2020
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No for now thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok no problem

You’re being disqualified for driving with no insurance?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i ve used motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance

Ok thanks. What would you like to know about this? If you have a defence so you don’t get disqualified?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
now i need to replay to the court til 03/06/2020 how the disqualification of driving will affect me ,this will affect me a lot as i m working by myself cos my wife look after baby and is hard to pay rent alone and all bills and food i am the only one which work and need to go to work and need to drive .this will be a lesson for me and never do this mistake again
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Ok thanks.

You’ll have to try and plead “exceptional hardship”. Exceptional hardship is a legal argument that can be submitted to the court to avoid a disqualification.

The word ‘exceptional’ is vital to any case, as just simply pleading ‘hardship’ would not be enough. Most people will suffer some kind of hardship when losing their driving licence although this is the aim of the legislation. What is not the aim of the legislation is when‘exceptional hardship’ would be caused. To be exceptional, the hardship to be suffered must be something out of the ordinary.

So if you can state what you have said above and show how it can affect your wife and baby, and the shelter of your property and getting food for them etc you may get a reduction in the ban.

Does this answer your question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it does

Brilliant, happy to help. Do come back to the site if you need any more help and good luck. Please leave a rating before you leave. You can do this by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Thank you.