How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19534
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a finance car and I am getting prosecuted driving

This answer was rated:

I have a finance car and I am getting prosecuted driving with no license my currently is in compound and my finance company has informed they will sell the car at auction and bill me for the difference is there a way I could keep the car is there anyway I could keep the car and place it into someone else’s name and I will carry on paying the finance
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the police and the finance company and the finance company said because I have no licence they will not release the car
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Is it on lease or did you buy direct on finance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Direct on finance

Ok - cant you just get it insured and remove it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The insurance is for another 7 days but when I went the police station they have told me to speak to my finance provider and they have informed they are going to sell at auction them send me a bill of the rest of the value of the car , I want to know if possible to transfer the credit over to a family member

Ok - have they issued you with a termination notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then they cant sell it.

Its your property.

They can only sell if you have breached the terms.

Even then they need to serve a default notice.

Without a default notice, they can't do anything at all.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I collect the car without the default notice ?

If its insured, yes

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you