How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 80430
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been charged with a rt88007. I blew 79 micrograms. It

This answer was rated:

Hi, i have been charged with a rt88007. I blew 79 micrograms. It is my first ever offense with the law. How long would I get banned for? I have had my full uk driving licence for 1 years and 3 months. Will i recieve my full uk driving licence back after the ban, or will i have to retake the practical test again?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Leicester United kingdom
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes next month
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sory it was 81 micrograms
And I have license seens 2008
And wall all clear

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

If this is a reading of 81 in breath then that will lead toa starting point of a fine and a range of a fine to a community order. Probably it would be a community orderthough. There will also be costs of £85.

I'm afraid there is a mandatory disqualificationthough. The courts have nodiscretion. In this case it would be17-22 months.

You can reduce the ban by one quarter if you do the drinkdriving course they will offer you. Thatis a significant amount so it will help here.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I am working 40 mile I have no lift for work so is there any other options
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sory I don't want a call as I was not aware of extra charges for that

Oh, no problem.

I can do this online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sory I don't want you to call pls as Iwas not aware of the extra charges pls do not charge me for that

Yes, no problem but i think you need to seek a refund from customer services.

I can report it if you owuld like but that will close the question. I can do it at the end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls if you can report that to coustmer service

Will do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we still continue with the questions?

Sorry, yes, go on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any chance lowest ban as I my work place is 35 mils away and I don't have any options to go if I get ban

I am sorry but a ban is mandatory for drink or drug driving

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not driving at work After ban do i need to inform my employee

Not unless your contract demands that you tell them about convictions which is really unlikely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to attend court next month
Can I request that ban should start from the date of offense like back dated

Im really sorry but it starts from the date of sentence not offence. It is part of the sentence.

Although they might well place you on an interim ban from the date of the plea if the case is adjourned for a PSR.

I'm so sorry but you just can't challenge a ban for drink driving.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i need to reapply for license after ban

You do have to apply again but it should be grante without issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't need to give theory and practical test

No, it is just a paper application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all answers

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know after I get charged for drink n drive
Is my name appears In Local newspaper ??

It could be but it isn't likely really.

That doesn't tend to happen generally now. You don't really see journalists hanging around court much now.