How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 5137
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

DVLA had revoked my Driving Licence since 7/2/2017. DVLA had

This answer was rated:

DVLA had revoked my Driving Licence since 7/2/2017.
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me where this is?
Customer: DVLA had revoked my Driving Licence since 7/2/2017. Family and Friends etc. disbelieve that I had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease because I had told my GP that I went upstairs at home for something whilst working on my computer downstairs but later remembered. My GP now says he cannot countermand the Medical Consultant. Please advise me about a second opinion to convince DVLA that I am most unlikely to be a driving threat. I live in Enfield, North London.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

DVLA will send you a letter when your licence is taken away or surrendered, or if your application for a driving licence is refused. The letter will tell you if there’s a period of time you need to wait before getting a new licence.

You would need written confirmation from your doctor that you are fit fo drive. This can be the GO or the consultant

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is within The London Borough of Enfield in North London!
Neither my GP - who had now left The Practice - nor The NHS Medical Consultant will support my appeal! Can you get me a second opinion acceptable to DVLA?

We cannot get a second opinion for you, This is an online question site only.

You are within your rights to see a new GP and have a referral to a consultant for a second opinion.

james bruce and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll try contacting another Enfield Medical GP.

Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need now, please cancel!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had cancelled this request on 08/06/2020 - please see and read above.