JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Only for JimLawer, Thanks to you I have written the case

Only for JimLawer,
Thanks to you I have written the case summary and directions. I do not think they are perfect but I hope the court accept them. But now I struggling with the last task to write and send to the Defendant "any proposed amendments to the list of issue ". I do not understand neither what the list of issues is (what issues?) no what ammendments can be written, why and if I MUST do it?
I will appreciate your explications on this matter.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you very much for the question - I will resolve this for you today.

So the list of issues accompanies the case summary. Please see attached as an example. The list of issues confirms what is in dispute and what your case is, and what the defendant's case is too. Normally the list of issues should be agreed wherever possible, so at the hearing the defendant doesn't tell the judge the document is not accurate for whatever reason. You do need to do it if the court has directed you to do the case summary and list of issues in dispute. As you can see from the attached, it simply sets out in a summarised form, the issues in dispute and why this case is ongoing and not settled yet.

I hope this helps - please feel free to ask me anything else.

Have a good day,
Jim

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi. In your link it says "STATEMENT of issues " and in the Judge order it says "any proposed amendments to the LIST of issue". I suppose STATEMENT and LIST are the same?
In this case the problem is that it is impossible to make AMENDMENTS because there were no any list or statement... May be it is just a way to say and in reality the Court want me to make just a LIST/STATEMENT?

Hi, they are the same thing, don't worry. You can do a list / statement and send to the court - it will be taken in to account.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The order says I must send these documents to the Defendant only. Do you think it will be better to send the copy to the Court as well? Or just send it to the Defendant and save a poof of posting?

Yes, if the order says that then I would recommend you just send them to the defendant. And yes, proof of posting would be a good idea too.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks!