Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Morning, I have received an e-mail from HM Courts &

Morning, I have received an e-mail from HM Courts & Tribunals<*****@******.***> stating I have to pay a parking fine outside a Home Office building. The telephone no.0343(###) ###-####(temporarily unavailable) is this a scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: We went to a home office building in Sunderland on the second of this month and parked in what it said was a visitors car park, I did look around for pay area but found none. there is a penalty charge no. of YYJ184888219911 With a reference no. the date says 5/10/2020 @ 16:24 pm
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but don't know if scam, I am 74yrs old and not much good with comps
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks but will just pay fine, thanks again

how much is it for?

Without the information I asked for I can onlygive you a general answer but I hope this helps.

Obviously I will not know whether this is ascam or not without more information but there is a widespread scam in parkingfines.

It depends on the amount. If this has gone toa tribunal service then the amount should be in excess of 200 pounds. If it issignificantly less than that then this is almost certainly a scam.

If you can come back then I would be able tooffer more.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Just like with an appointment inreal life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank youagain for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarifyanything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if thecustomer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have also sent an e-mail explaining that I went to police stn, they told me it was a scam.thanks so much for your interestKind RegardsBarry

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available tohelp with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usuallypick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start yourquestion with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”