Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Not for Jo C., not for Clare solicitor, not for Jamie-Law I

Not for Jo C., not for Clare solicitor, not for Jamie-Law
I have a case in the Court and received a Notice of Case Management Conference. I would like to understand what is this Case Management Conference about. I recon it is for making a plan how the case will be dealt with. What will be the first hearing, when the parties have to bring evidences and witnesses etc. Is it correct?
Then, if it is correct, I am not sure it will be convinient for me to be at this Conference as I am going to be in different country at this time. And, apart of it, I do not understand much about the procedure and I gess I just have to trust the Judge on it. How can I not to go to this Conference without any negative outcome and ask the Judge make arrangements the way he/she sees it?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you for your question. Firstly, if you have been asked to attend a hearing and you are not able to then you will want to provide a reason to the court as to why and politely ask for the matter to be adjourned to a further date. Once you go to a case management hearing then it is pretty much as you have stated. You will be setting out dates for evidence to be swapped between all parties, dates for final hearings, also give the court a list of witnesses, and the estimated amount of time you will need in order to lead evidence for each witness. The judge will also let you know about anything you require to do prior to the final hearing. However, I must stress that if you have been asked to attend the court and you are unable to then you will want to put this forward to the court at your earliest convenience.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. So you advise that there is no way to ask the Court to make those arrangement without me be present in the Conference? My main point is that I can not see much help from me there and pretty sure the arrengements will be made without taking into the account my opinion as I anyway do not have many (opinions). And the list of arrangements will be sent to all parties anyway so I will read it through and follow all the orders...
What do you say?

No, you will have to attend the hearing, unless there is some outstanding reason as to why you cannot, if this is the case and it is accepted by the court you will need a representative there in your place. However, despite your reservations, you will have to attend. You will have the opportunity to put your request and position to the court for the consideration. You will find the judge to be fair and will consider everything that they have been told and seen by way of evidence. However the bot***** *****ne is that you will have to attend I am afraid.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks!