Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a case against myself for an unpaid parking fine

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a case against myself for an unpaid parking fine dating back to some time ago
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: my apologies, I am based in the UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: it was in Uxbridge, London not that I am aware of - I have only realised since checking my credit rating has been impacted
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing at the moment
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can provide case number ***** any details required
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Northampton County Court
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am currently on hold to them for over an hour to confirm the initial company who have issued the charge
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It will be a private parking company
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The company is UK Parking Control Ltd.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Is this a CCJ already?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Ok, so what would you like to know ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there grounds to dispute this?It appears that the fines were issued to a previous address, despite moving address and updating the address, I was not notified about any outstanding fines against my name until years later where I can see it has massively impacted my credit ratingSo A) is there any grounds to challenge the caseB) If I simply pay the fine, is there any grounds to improve a credit rating as I did not know about the charge and would have comfortably paid it had I known sooner
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Do you owe the money?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I owe £952
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the information

If you do owe the money the there is no valid basis uponwhich the claim may be contested, like a dispute over liability.

You do still have the option to try to set the CCJ aside.

You can do that using the N244 forms although there is afee. The application will be heardfairly quickly but you can also request that the execution is stayed in themeantime.

If judgment is set aside there will no longer be a debtalthough it may be brought again.

The problem with this is that some judges will say that ifyou owe the money there is no prejudice in having a CCJ. You can contest that on the basis that youcredit rating will suffer.

If that fails, you can apply for a variation order to pay ininstalments.

Or you could pay it off in full and have the judgment markedsatisfied which does improve your credit score.

Hopefully, I haveanswered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anythingremains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In themeantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You have answered it Jo, thanks a lot for your help
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Quick note - on the chat it says you are a Solicitor when I know from your title you are a Barrister! May be a website error but worth checking!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Yes, I don't know why it does that. I think it is site automated.