Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have received a notice of enforcement through post this

Customer Question

Hi I have received a notice of enforcement through post this morning of a fine of £1380
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Shields
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none contacting yous
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is the 1st letter I have received regarding the matter they say they have been sending me letters to my previous address to pay the fine and now we’re are t
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what is this enforcement notice for please?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can onlygive you a general answer but I hope this helps.

I am not sure if you are asking whether youare liable. Obviously I will not know that.

You talk about fines so I presume this is aparking or a Rd traffic fine. If you are asking about the amount then that doesseem rather high as normally they bounce around between around 500 to 800 butthis is not impossible.

If you haven't received any other letters thanthat would be an issue normally but if it went to your old address and youhaven't updated the DVLA then that is going to be a problem. Normally thesethings are dealt with by a statutory declaration but that would only succeednormally if the DVLA did have the right address for you.

If you can come back that I could probablyoffer more

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.