Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

PCN contravention code 52m given for 2 minute

Customer Question

PCN contravention code 52m given for 2 minute discrepancy-restriction finished at 10.30am-I went through at 10.28-by their camera??
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Representation rejected by council went to arbitration they rejected my submission even through I was working for this council doing their business??Paid £65 as per their site -now 90 days later received Charge Certificate for £130 more-dont understand?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Cannot contact them via their email sites -cannot speak to any one- their reception state just pay-not needed to go to court at present-I cannot understand why this amount now required
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to go about this stupidity
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
After paying the required amount feel that things had ended-dont understand extra charge-how to put up defence is what I am looking for
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just require a correct direction for a defence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Sorry but I don't understand.

What is your defence?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If the ticket is already paid as per their site "instruction" the matter as I understand is concluded-how can they now demand extra payment?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Aren't they probably saying you paid late?

I don't know but what was the date of the PCN?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My representations were rejected by the Arbitrator therefore I accepted that I had to pay the ticket -their site asked for £65-I paid £65-the arbitrator letter arrived on the 22nd of July-I paid on the 27th July -There was no late payment that I can see
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

did you take this to the adjudicator?

And only pay £65?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My representations have been submitted initially to the council and then to the arbitrator-having lost in both instances- I had to pay the original ticket of £65- done! What therefore is the problem?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot giveyou good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

I am sorry but it would be wrong of me to avoid givingyou the downside of your

position.

The problem is that I can either tell you whatyou want to hear or I can tell you the truth. Obviously you have interest inunderstanding the truth.

It seems to me fairly obvious that what hashappened here is that you have paid the original sum when it was too late to doso.

It might very well be that that was an error oftheir site but that doesn't change your liability.

I don't know whether or not they would relentif you tried to negotiate with them .

But clearly what they are saying here is thatyou paid the original sum of the fine when you were already appealing to theadjudicator by which time it would have been about 180 pounds.

I'm sorry but this is just not against the law

I am sorry but I have to tellyou the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to everylegal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a countycourt judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard inthe magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cheers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available tohelp with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usuallypick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start yourquestion with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”