I thank you for your enquiry and your patience.
I am really sorry to hear what has happened. It seems to me that the complaint is not getting the due consideration that it requires. They should have looked into the concern you have raised and/or progressed your complaint irrespective of the police not having submitted a statement by the designated time.
What I recommend that you do, is to actually make a complaint about the way your case is being handled. You are actually allowed to complain if you are unhappy about the services received by them and/or how they have handled your case generally. Here is the details for how you may go about complaining:
Please note that in making this complaint you are required to provide the following information:
- your personal contact information such as name, address, telephone/mobile number and postcode
- any relevant reference numbers from correspondence with the IOPC
- outline which member/s of staff you are complaining about – if applicable
- clearly explain the circumstances that have led to the complaint against the IOPC staff member, and the nature of the complaint
- include any evidence you have to support your complaint
The above link sets out in detail how to progress your complaint and what address it is to be sent to.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.