Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I wondered if you could help me answer a question about a

Customer Question

Hi I wondered if you could help me answer a question about a parking ticket or let me know where I can get help?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: ah UK no worries
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im in England does that make a difference
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have had a private parking notice that I cant appeal because the letters always arrive after the deadlines and it has apparently now been referred to debt collection, the problem is I wasn't even in the area on the day they are saying I got a ticket, what can I do?
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

You can still challenge the parking ticket by providing evidence that you and or your vehicle was not parked at the location the ticket was provided. The evidence should be sent to the debt collection agency. Further you can ask them to provide proof your vehicle was parked in the location at the time and date in question.

Do you understand what i have stated so far? if yes i will proceed to discuss the next steps?

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 18 days ago.

I assume you understood what i have stated.

Please note you still have the opportunity to defend the claim if the parking company commence court proceedings against you because at this juncture you can defend the claim. Further if you are successful the claim against you will be dismissed.

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe.