Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I recived a speeding ticket but the only problem is on the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I recived a speeding ticket but the only problem is on the letter the adress when they say i was is wrong i was on the main street but on the letter they say i was on a site street
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: uk slough
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I don’t know what to do honestly
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a proof when i left my home adress is at 3 min away to the adress when i take the ticket
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

are you saying this wasnt you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It was me but definitely not on that adress where they say i was
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Plus the time slot between the time when i left my home adress and time when i was to that adress is impossible
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Driving time between this 2 adress is just 4 minutes they say i needed 38 minutes to be there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type up ananswer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you whenyou respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busylike it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typicallythey can last between 15 and 30 minutes.. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks!

Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the information and the time.

Iam sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are indifficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

I am sorry but it would be wrong of me to avoid givingyou the downside of your position.

This is obviously an arguable point but there are some casesthat deal with the issue of incorrect locations upon a NIP. I have attached the leading case of Walton vHawkins in which it was fairly roundly asserted that an error in location madeno difference as long as nobody was mislead and cites and older case of Pope vClarke in which a mistake as to time was held immaterial.

You could argue this and try to differentiate yourself fromWalton v Hawkins. It was a case where a NIPwas not required under S241 Road Traffic Act 1960 which was the relevant lawthen. It was also a differentallegation. However, that is obviously arisk.

You also do have the option to respond telling them that thelocation is wrong in the hope they issue a new NIP which would waste some oftheir time. All Walton v Hawkins says isthat this error does not invalidate a NIP.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simpleand easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happyto clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using ourservices.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer toevery legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed tocourt.

The ultimate decisioncomes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in acriminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

I hope you have the case.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”