Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I received a parking ticket from a private company for a

I received a parking ticket from a private company for a vehicle that was never registered to me and I have found out that it was issued on hearsay
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Basildon, Essex
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no, the ticket was cancelled, but I feel I should be compensated for the invasion of my privacy
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what would be the charge for you connecting me ?

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I ask in what way your privacy was invaded please. i.e. did the parking company unlawfully access personal records of some kind?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They sent the ticket to the former address of the registered keeper who is my step son and the occupiers of the address sent an email to the company Horizon Parking Limited and said the real name of the keeper was myself which is not true.So, just on hearsay they issued the ticket to me at my current address
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I shall not be calling you

thank you. I hope you will forgive me but it is not clear on these facts that there is any breach of privacy committed by the company as against you. What you describe, the company acted in good faith upon information received by the occupiers of the property to which the parking company legitimately wrote as the registered keeper. If the company agreed to cancel the demand without dispute on receipt of the information from you that you are not responsible, it is not clear to me that there is any improper conduct on the part of the parking company.

What you describe, the individuals that provided the incorrect information to the company they have done wrong in doing so but again it is not apparent to me what action you would be able to take in this respect.

If by contrast, the parking company had harassed you all cause difficulty in refusing to cancel the demand once you confirm the correct position, it may be that you could seek some limited form of damages from them though from what you say, this is not the case. I am sorry the above is likely not what you would have hoped to read. If any of the above assumptions is incorrect, please do revert to me and I'll be happy to discuss the matter further