John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I just want to ask a question? Now Kent county council put a

Customer Question

Hi I just want to ask a question? Now Kent county council put a new law regarding HGV vehicles that they are not allowed to stop in Kent for overnight. Like we know this is not possible because this kind of business is running in time schedule which drives must follow very strict otherwise they can be fine very expensive in Germany, Spain ect. So my question is if the driver stops in area where high way code says no restrictions of parking without any road marks or sings is his truck can be clamped? Is it Kent County Counsel law is over the high way code? Thousands of drivers already was paid penalties of 185£ minimum to be released from the clamp. The drivers first looking for the high way code and after for all other signs but if they are not any is he need to know local restrictions?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  John replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important for you. Some elements of The Highway Code are legal requirements, and breaking these rules is a criminal offence that can be met with a fine, penalty points or in some cases a prison sentence but in general they are just guidelines, which can be used to establish liability. The Department for Transport has given Kent Council us permission to introduce the new restrictions and they hold authority over The Highway Code.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 8 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John