Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a hearing in the Croydon Crown Court in May. it is an

Customer Question

I have a hearing in the Croydon Crown Court in May. it is an appeal from a magistrates court. The matter was heard in February, but I was unable to attend due to illness. I sent a medical certificate and letter from the hospital but the matter was heard in my absence. Therefore the appeal is an appeal against conviction and sentence.The issue is driving without due care and attention, and the facts are disputed. I would be obliged if you would give me an indication of what representation will cost for a two hour listing. I can upload a very short statement of the facts of the case (say half a page) as part of a further response.I look forward to hearing from you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jo
In April 2018, at about lunch time, I was driving along Portland Rd in South Norwood. The road was congested and the traffic as was crawling along. The engine was running on tick over. I was distracted by a noise behind me, and I looked around, just for a second.
When I looked back again there was a young woman in front of the car. She looked up as I turned round and the car bumped into her. I had braked as soon as I saw her and the car stopped immediately, it did not skid or lurch, and did not run over her, but she fell on the ground. When I got out of the car, I went to her and apologised. It was then that I saw that she was on a zebra crossing. I could did not see the crossing because of the line of traffic ahead of me moving very slowly.
The matter is about driving without due care and the case came up for hearing in the Bromley Magistrates Court on the 23rd of February. I was receiving hospital treatment at the time and I was advised by my GP and the hospital to remain at home. I sent a medical certificate to the court who acknowledged it but the matter was still heard in my absence. I have appealed the conviction, and the appeal has been listed for the 14th of May for two hours, at the Crown Court at Croydon.
I will need to be represented at the hearing, and I would like to know if representation will be possible, and if so what would be your costs for the hearing.
I look forward to hearing from you
Kindest Regards
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

OK, so how can I help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
As indicated in the last sentence I wanted to know what the costs of representation at the hearing would be please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I made an offer

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

How are you getting on wit hthis?

I can't really tell you the rough cost unless you respond as I would need more information.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi There
Sorry for the delay in responding. Whatever further information is required I am happy to provide it. Please let me know what is needed
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

I made an offer above.