james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a ticket from civil enforcement for parking at

Customer Question

I have a ticket from civil enforcement for parking at woodford road bramhall
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: land at 28-42 woodford road, bramhall, Stockport SK7 1PA
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No - only just recieved notice to keeper
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, I received a PCN re parking at woodford road from 1114 to 1135 on 15/05/21. I pulled over to use my phone. I now have a fine for 100.00 (60 if paid within 4days). What should I do?
Sorry 14 days but that now expired
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is anyone there?

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

Unfortunately, if you have pulled over to use your phone, which is a correct thong to do, but happened to stop in a parking bay or spot that requires you to pay for a parking ticket, then if you failed to do so, then sorry to say, but you are liable and your phone call has become a very expensive one.

If any driver stops in a parking bay etc even if still sat in the car and never gets out, they are still legally liable to purchase a ticket. You were stopped for 21 minutes.

I would advice pay the ticket now while it is only £60 otherwise you will be looking at the higher cost of £100.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok thanks

Sorry it could not be better news.

Can I assist or clarify further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.