james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Is it an offence to drive on a bustop in Enfield? No, I was

Customer Question

Is it an offence to drive on a bustop in Enfield?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was driving on a long strech of bus stop to access a particular road left turn from the Bustop and was given a ticket for driving on what the Enfield council call Bus Lane even though they sent me a picture of my car on a Bustop. I am very confused by this because I have driven in every other bustop in the UK and have never receive a ticket for doing this, I am not sure whats different about driving on a Bustop in Enfield
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Enfield, Edmonton
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

When you say you were driving on a bus top, do you mean you were driving in a bus lane?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I was actually driving on a bus stop, even the picture from the Council shows me driving on a Bustop and I keep telling them that even their picture shows that I am on a bus stop not bus lane. I know the difference but they still insist that I have to pay penalty ticket

Was the bus stop situated in part of the bus lane.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Never, its a bustop but it’s long starched one. Nothing to do with bus lane
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry I am about to bed now as it is 02:48
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will chat when I wake in the morning

Rule 141 of the Highway Code explains all regulations regarding this subject.

You will be able to tell when you are approaching a bus stop as there will be white dashed lines which then turn into a solid white line, the solid white line is where the bus will stop. Always look out for signposts at the bus stop, this will tell you if you are permitted to drive through the bus stop and if so, at which times in the day.

Can I assist or clarify further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.