How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 80220
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Im looking for a legal aid to assist me to appeal for the

Customer Question

hello, im looking for a legal aid to assist me to appeal for the traffic offense that i committed last year because i cannot afford to pay for a lawyer
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: united kingdom, in bristol and no i dont know anyone thats why im looking for one
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes i have to provide the details of the person that drove the car or i will appear in court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there are 4 different penalty offences that they did not inform me of on time
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what was the offence please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Traffic offence
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No i rather chat
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Can you give me the exact offence and I am on and off line through out the day - you will receive an email when i reply.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Traffic speeding offence and okay thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Thank you.

There is no legal aid for these offences I'm afraid.

You could have to pay privately if you want a solicitor.

To be fair, most people just self represent so there is no need to bare the cost of a solicitor.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tellyou the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to everylegal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a countycourt judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard inthe magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.