Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I recently received a parking fine and I have taken an

Customer Question

Hi there, I recently received a parking fine and I have taken an appeal from it explaining that my sister in law lives in that particular building and I was helping a member of family who came from abroad with their luggage. They sent me the outcome of the through email but sadly my email got blocked and I have never the outcome of the appeal. Then I received a letter to my house from debt collector explaining that I need to £160 instead of the initial £60. I have a legal forms so I could go to court. I'm key worker and I have explain to them that I did not get the outcome of the appeal.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No I have consulted a local attorney
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I haven't consulted
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

You can either pay the lower amount before the deadline or appeal the PCN as unfair and draconian.   There is plenty of good advice online about how to get out of parking fines, such as unclear signs and bay markings.

If you keep on appealing through the company’s enforcement process and then to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/) and ask for an in-person hearing, the company may well drop the PCN as it is not worth them going to the time and expense of attending the appeal.

These parking enforcement companies’ entire business model is based on most people paying up at the first time of asking as it is a small claim and not worth defending.   However, this is a double-edged sword as the PCN will not be worth the parking company pursuing.

This tactic has served me well as I have not paid a parking fine for about 15 years!

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi Ed, the deadline for the Lower amount is passed because the parking enforcement company sent me back the outcome of my appeal through which got blocked so therefore they passed my details to debt collector company which expects to pay £160. I decided to wait the legal forms so I could in person hearing. I guess this is best option at the moment as I'm not willing to pay £160.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

Yes, I agree.   Good luck with it!