james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I received a letter today from cps regarding drug driving in

I received a letter today from cps regarding drug driving in December 2019 in the letter it states at the time my blood samples were tested for thc that the results were unreliable to the quantity of drugs identified in the test I went to court in august 2020 and received a 3 year driving ban. I have served 10 months of my ban and in the letter it states I can appeal this is it wise to appeal this and lose is it possible my ban could be increased what are the possible outcomes of appealing this

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The CPS have correctly notified you of a possible error in the testing that could make your conviction unsafe.

I would advice that you speak to a local criminal law firm in your area as legal aid will certainly be available.

You appear to have a good case to appeal the sentence and even conviction based on  flawed and unreliable evidence used by the CPS.

If this is correct, the conviction could be overturned, your criminal record clear and also be eligible for compensation for the ban already served.

The link here will help you find a local firm with legal aid.

https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (5M1Q2L2)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just to confirm I have sent you the letters I received.

I have read the letter, as advised, it is very possible the conviction could now be classed as unsafe. If you challenge, it is now likely the conviction could be overturned on appeal.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Say if I lost the appeal by chance would they be able to restart my 3 year ban or would I just carry on serving the amount of time that I have left

You would simply carry on as it is.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your help

your very welcome. Good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.