james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I drove 25 on a 20 road, I already have done a speeding

I drove 25 on a 20 road, I already have done a speeding course. They send me 100 fine plus reduction of 3 points. Would you advice to take it to court

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Is this a speeding offence since you have completed the course?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had one speeding offence couple of months ago. I attended the speeding course. However I received another speeding letter that said I went 25 on a 20 road.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As I already have done my speeding course. I will get a 100 pound fine plus 3 points deduction
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would you advise me to go to court, as I am only 24 I can't lose points. I don't even have a license, its a provisional license

Very sorry to say then this is correct, the fine and the minimum 3 points.

If you go to court, you will still receive the same fine, the same points, plus prosecution Costs and surcharge.

The only way to avoid the points, don't speed.

You were lucky to be offered the course before, you only get that offer once every 3 years.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.