SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Police keeps stopping my car and search it. They always come

Police keeps stopping my car and search it. They always come up with weird excuses, to do so. I have been stopped 10 times in last 3 months. What can I do.

Good morning, welcome to just answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and will look to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you give advise on what to do, it almost feels like harassment

The problem you would have is that the police do have the powers to stop and search and they can rely on that to justify their conduct. If you are concerned that these aren’t random and that something is triggering their exercise of stop and search power then I would suggest that you do a Data Subject Access request from which you may be able to see if anything is noted that is causing the stop and search. Only then will be able to challenge the police conduct

any follow up do not hesitate to send your message, I am glad to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry to follow up, I have done some quick research and the police force likes to know what informat
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Information I require and why
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Would it be sufficient that I need to know the information they have on me that explains why I get searched all the time

Hi, thank you for your response and don’t apologise for the follow up. You can say all information held as you are not aware of what information is triggering their searches. You can limit it by a time period if you know it only started eg “ all information held on me from January 2020 to today as this is the period when you have stopped and searched me excessively”.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
God bless

You are welcome.