John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I was banned from driving for 1 year. In 2011. I did not

Customer Question

I was banned from driving for 1 year. In 2011. I did not want to drive again until 2019 when my husband died and I had to I applied for a licence and was granted one for a year. I reapplied for it in good time but have heard nothing back. My licence expired in feb of this year. I have sent in another application 3 weeks ago and still have heard nothing back. I sent this one recorded delivery. What can I do please
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Uk. I sent my application to Swansea
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was banned for a drink driving offence and when I got my one year licence I had to have a medical which I paid for and was granted a licence. But this time I just applied for a licence I have had no other driving convictions
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. There is currently a backlog with the DVLA processing licence applications, and they are short staffed due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is likely they have received your application, but just unfortunately have not got around to processing it yet.

You can use this link to contact the DVLA https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y or give them a call on 01792 761497 and they should be able to provide you with an update.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My short term licience lapse in feb. I initially applied in jan and knew there was a backlog. When I go onto Liecence checker it just shows that my licence has lapsed. I re did my application 3 weeks ago and still have heard nothing. Must I refrain from driving
Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Yes, do not drive until you hold a valid licence. Give them a call tomorrow to find out the situation. All the best, John.