Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Please can FE answer this question? Jo. C. Barrister

Hi. Please can FE Smith answer this question? Jo. C. Barrister recommended this person. Hi
This message is a continuation of the questions I was asking Jo C. Barrister before regarding a traffic incident for which I received a form 693 from the police with alleged offenses of driving without due care and attention, and failing to stop after an accident and exchange particulars.I didn't realise I'd hit anything. I thought I'd hit the curb or corner,and only noticed the damage on reaching my destination. I completed the form and wrote back to the police to inform them. I also informed my insurance company of what happened.
My insurance company have now received a claim for Injury from a Third Party. The incident description indicates that they say I was at fault, and now my insurance company say they will be dealing with any Third-Party claims received. Although I wasn't aware that I'd hit any car or anyone. On receiving the message from the insurer I'm wondering about how to enquire whether the Third Party could have driven into my car? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but want to make sure. Im not saying they did or they didn't but how can I find out if they drove into me, or it was both of us, or just me? Does the car damage show how the collision happened? I'm sorry to say I didn't even see a car go into me, or myself going into a car, so I don't know the answer to this. But, it's important to find out.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

There are a number of ways to find out about the accident.

You can contact the police as they may have a report which includes accident circumstances given by the other driver and witnesses.

You can ask your insurer to provide the evidence they have which led them to the decision on dealing with the claim. They should have something because the insurer will usually fight your corner unless they have convincing information that you caused the accident.

You can also return to the accident scenes and ask around if there are any cctv footage of the accident in question.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Many thanks for your advice. Best

Your welcome

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Anthony, I just wanted to ask if the car damage will indicate who drove into who? Can they check both of the cars to see? Many thanks

Yes the insurer can do this and may already have this information.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Anthony, The insurer hasn't checked my car. Do they only need to check one car to know everything? Many thanks

I don't think so but every insurer work differently therefore my advice is to contact your insurer to find out as much information about this incident.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Man thanks Anthony. Much appreciated.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Anthony, I called the met about finding out if they have a report which includes accident circumstances given by the other driver and witnesses. I wanted to know what happened as I didn't realise I'd hit another car and thought I'd hit the curb after I had turned the car in the road. It sounded like my wheel had hit a curb and scraped the side of it. I drove off as I didn't see any other car there or any damage. It told them this on the phone and said this was my experience of what happned.They tell me the other car had a Dashcam that showed I had hit the car and that I wasn't near the curb. It showed I did a U-turn before hitting the car. I told them what I thought had happened in my experience i.e. exactly what I wrote on form 963, That I turned my car in the road, heard a sound, and thought I'd hit my wheel on the curb/corner. When I arrived at my destination I saw some dents on the left side of my car. They have ticked two alleged offenses on the 963 form i.e. driving without due care and attention and failing to stop after an accident and exchange particulars/ failing to report an accident to the police as reasonably predictable and within 24 hours. How should I plead on the form when it comes? They said they are sending the dashcam footage to my insurer which makes me liable.I didn't see that I'd hit any car. I thought I'd hit the side of the road or corner. I have no idea what to plead on the form when they ask me if I want to plead guilty or not guilty because although they say they have dashcam evidence to say I hit a car and left without exchanging particulars, this wasn't my experience at the time. I don't know what to do as there is evidence against me, but I know what my experience was, and what I thought was happening at the time and why I didn't stop. I also didn't know I was meant to report anything because when I saw the damage later and I didn't even know what I'd hit. What should I do when they send me the form to ask if I am pleading guilty or not guilty? And what do you think will happen in terms of any points on my license or consequences for what occured? Many thanks

Thanks for your follow up.

Unfortunately your follow up is out of my expertise.

Therefore please open a new question and another expert will consider the same shortly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK. Thanks. I just emailed the other expert I spoke to. God bless you and may you always be blessed in your important work.

Your welcome and stay blessed.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
In Jesus name.