Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Could you tell me if the attached answer from your online

Hi, Could you tell me if the attached answer from your online site is still relevant today 08 June 2021.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: https://www.justanswer.co.uk/traffic-law/7z73k-received-parking-charge-notice-euro-car-parks.html
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We don't recall having received a Notice though the latest email from Debt Re

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, Could you please confirm that the advise given on your site, attached, is still relevant and valid today (08/June /2021)
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/traffic-law/7z73k-received-parking-charge-notice-euro-car-parks.html

Im sorry but that doesn't open for me?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK I'll try another way..

Ok.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have received a parking charge notice from euro car parks
for my vehicle overstaying the maximum free parking time of 2 hours (at the Interchange retail park at Ipswich, Suffolk on Sunday 25th August.)
They are asking for a parking charge of £50 in 14 days, £90 after 28 days.'
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't see a date on this original - We are at the point of receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus Limited - we have made contact with both Euro Car Parks and drpl denying any knowledge but the response is that ECP have passed the recovery to drpl and we have til the 22/06/2021 to pay £145
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

in that case, no.

In 2012 Parliament passed the Protection of Freedoms Act which allows them to pursue the registered keeper if he doesn't name the driver within 28 days of the initial notification

Whether they would sue or not is another matter entirely.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you ; Would you have a date for the original article? because the answer given there was that drpl / ECP ' if they do commence proceedings then they would only be able to claim for the sum of the original fine - if the court deemed this was a reasonable charge for the period your wife overstayed - plus a very small amount of legal costs.They will undoubtedly send you debt collection letters in which they will threaten to sue you for their debt collection costs (often they try and state these will be hundreds of pounds, they are not!). Do not be intimidated.If they proceed and do go to court, they would still have to prove that the signs are adequate and clear, which quite often they are not. In addition, they will have to prove that they have suffered loss (do they have a ticket for people who wish to stay longer than 2 hours?).They will send you some very nasty letters though. You will get debt collection letters making threats of legal action. Do not respond to any of these. Unless you actually get a court summons, none of these correspondences have any legal basis. If you do get a court summons then you can always part admit the claim and offer a nominal sum of say £5 for their loss. '
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
l'm just trying to clarify that the text quoted is still valid,Thank you.

Their claim would be for the sum of the fine, plus about £55 in fixed solicitors costs and £35 in court fees.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
39;£85 parking charge notice (£50 if paid within 14 days of issue)'.. + £90 which is only >= £145 they're asking me to pay.

Roughly that amount.

It is rarely over £250.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the advice in the original 'justanswer' answer l've quoted above still holds..
' Unless you actually get a court summons, none of these correspondences have any legal basis. If you do get a court summons then you can always part admit the claim and offer a nominal sum of say £5 for their loss.'?

Oh yes, that is right.

The issue is the identity of the driver now falls away.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My daughter was the Owner of the vehicle on the date they have quoted but is currently unfit to handle this matter in any way so l have agreed with her to take over the matter.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
will now let it run it's course as re the original advice given.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services