james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

If a local authority alters a local speed limit, are they

If a local authority alters a local speed limit, are they obligated to position warning signs telling you it has changed?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: They took none, in March this year after a lockdown period they altered a speed limit from 50 to 40 then set up a trap in the area
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that the reason I am challenging this is because the speed limiting technology failed as there were warning in place that things had been altered

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The only legal obligation when a peed limit is reduced, is to ensure that the road signs are correct and show the new speed limit.

It is then a matter for the motorist to ensure they are driving with sue care and attention and follow the correct speed as per any road signs displayed.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.