Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can I ask a court to change location of my appearance? Yes,

Customer Question

Hi, can I ask a court to change location of my appearance?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The offence was committed 8 miles from home, in Leeds. My case has been referred to Skipton in North Yorkshire which is about 60 miles away. I have to travel by public transport and can not possibly get to the court without going the day before and staying overnight. If the case is late l may not be able to get home the day of the trial. Public transport woulkd take over 3 hours each way.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a criminal law barrister. I will assist with your question. Please be aware this is an email not chat service.

Can you give me all the background to this matter please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Speeding offence committed in Leeds, 8 miles from my home. l am being sent to Skipton Magistrates abot 50 miles from my home. I can't get to Skipton by public transport on the same day so would have to stay overnight on the day before. FMay not be able to get home the day of trial if it finishes late. Public transport would take over 3 hours each way. Can not drive there as driving ban is a possibility. Although not registered as disabled (mainly due to vanity) l was badly injured in an accident and am unable to walk any real distances
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for the information

You can ask them to do that. You can just email the court. However the reality is that they will probably refuse. I'm afraid that magistrates courts can be very unreasonable and their closing all over the place.

That said, you may as well try and explain your circumstances because if you do not there nothing will happen

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.