james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was convicted of drink driving when I was 17 at a juvenile

Customer Question

Hi, I was convicted of drink driving when I was 17 at a juvenile court. How will this affect my application for a work permit for a holiday season
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United kingdom
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It is on my police record
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just to clarify this resulted in an 18 month ban, reduced to 13.5 as a result of me attending a drink drive rehabilitation course. I was convicted on the 3rd jan 2019 and caught on the 19th dec 2018
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The drink driving conviction as a youth should not affect what you want to do now as an adult.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is on my police record that I need to submit for canada , will they take into account that this is as a youth

A police record remains until a person is 100. That cannot be changed.

It may well show on any visa you apply for to Canada, but it was as a youth and not a serious offence, so as long as you declare this you should be good.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
in canada this offence is deemed a serious criminality on the website
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Understood,  it it was an offence as a youth.

All you can do is declare the offence and see what happens. It is out of your control what they do.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?