How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 5450
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Just made plea online and I don't know what s next Sent plea

Customer Question

Just made plea online and I don't know what s next
Sent plea on 24 th August and no answer to know where and when to go to court.
Trying by phone but no chance to catch anyone.
I can send the reference if you can get an answer for me.
Thank you
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Can you please explain what this was in relation to?

Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If this is a criminal court matter and you have received papers asking to enter a plea and you have done so, then depending on that plea ( guilty or not guilty) will depend on what happens next.

If you entered a guilty plea, then a single justice can proceed and pass sentence, in which case you will be notified of that in due course, or you could be sent a date to attend court to be sentenced.

If you entered a not guilty plea, then again in due course, you will receive in the post a court summons which will contain a time, date and court address where you will need to attend.

A court summons can take a number of weeks to be processed and sent to you. So don’t worry if you have not heard anything yet. It has only been 17 days.

Rest assured, they will be in contact with you.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.