Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My son has had car inpounded for no tax. its his first car

Customer Question

my son has had hi car inpounded for no tax. its his first car which he has on finance. unfortunsately the mot has just run ou too. how does he get it out without being able to get it taxed as he has no mot?
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: he is at home where the car is registered to
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: his intentions were to get it taxed today and go to inpound to pay for it to be released but unfortunately he cant get the car taxed because the mot has also run out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: only that he bought the car from mercedes on finance one year ago and unbelievably didnt realise it was his responsibility to get tax
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

If there was no MOT then it would have invalidated the insurance which is undoubtedly their issue.

Therefore, he would need compound insurance I'm afraid.