How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 80801
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has had car inpounded for no tax. its his first car

Customer Question

my son has had hi car inpounded for no tax. its his first car which he has on finance. unfortunsately the mot has just run ou too. how does he get it out without being able to get it taxed as he has no mot?
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: he is at home where the car is registered to
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: his intentions were to get it taxed today and go to inpound to pay for it to be released but unfortunately he cant get the car taxed because the mot has also run out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: only that he bought the car from mercedes on finance one year ago and unbelievably didnt realise it was his responsibility to get tax
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

If there was no MOT then it would have invalidated the insurance which is undoubtedly their issue.

Therefore, he would need compound insurance I'm afraid.

Can I clarify anything for you?