Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

Hiya! I’ve received a parking ticket for not parking

Customer Question

Hiya! I’ve received a parking ticket for not parking correctly in a bay. At the time I spotted my mistake after about half an hour and moved my car Is there a chance of contesting the charge?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Shoreham by sea
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no just an £100 charge
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A member of staff came out and I spoke to him he said I wouldn’t receive a ticket
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 15 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Thank you for your patience, I am sorry to hear about this. It very much depends on, if you indeed, breached the terms and conditions of parking. If you did, and the breach was obvious, then it is unlikely you will succeed. However, there is no harm in trying to appeal against it. If the breach was negligible them you could have a point.

Additionally, you can refer to your conversation with the staff member and the fact that you reparked - and see what happens.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help.