Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My car was seized due to an apparent altercation with a

My car was seized due to an apparent altercation with a cyclist. In the statement of the cyclist, he mentions that no contact was made between my car and him, yet the police have had my car for a week. I have no way of knowing when I will get my car back. I would like advice on what to do to get it back.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: essex, no attorney
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

When did this occur and when did Police seize your car?

and background information please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was driving on a narrow road in traffic as I passed a cyclist apparently it was too tight for him as I passed and he fell off of his bike and he apparently broke his ribs. I was unaware of this until the police knocked on my front door, they arrested me, a few hours later I was released under investigation.While I was at the police station, they had taken my car and have given me no details, this was on Monday last week.In the statement of the cyclist, he mentions that no contact was made between my car and him.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Stuart, please call after 11am, thanks

https://insidetime.org/police-property-act-1897/