Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a parking fine from the Isle of Wight council in

I received a parking fine from the Isle of Wight council in 2015, however I moved from the island at the same time the ticket was issued and now live outside of the UK.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: My car is registered at a friends address and a letter has come through from Marstons Recovery chasing monies to the value of £400 plus £75 fee.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It says money owed to HMCT, offence description Warrent of Control, date of hearing 01/12/2015. I need to know how I can sort this out. I have not been working since 2018 due to a brain tumour which unfortunately returned earlier this year.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That all the information I have at present. I received a call from the person whose house the mail was sent to, needless to say they have panicked. I don’t blame them to be honest.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello, I need to know what my options are in regards ***** ***** letter received today from Marston Recovery. It is a notice of enforcementMoney owed- £400
Who I owe- Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Services...ref..17019202U
Offence description- Warrant of Control
Date of hearing 01/12/2015.I moved from the UK in June of 2015.Thanks

Are you asking if they can enforce it?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am. Can they enforce it after 01/12/21? I don’t live at the property they sent the letter to, never have done

They can enforce it. They have an adjudicators decision there. Obviously it wouldn't matter if the vehicle wasn't within their reach but it is and they can seize it.

The only way to avoid that is to pay in full. You don't seem to have grounds for a statutory declaration.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can I make an arrangement with them to pay in instalments? I have been out of work since 2018 and only receiving disability illness payment.

You can but normally they will want it paid off within 3 instalments.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That’s grand, thank you very much for your help, it’s greatly appreciated. Sheila

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.